Sunday, September 21, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Let the gClassFolders Add-On help you utilize the collaborative tools,
we all love in Google, more effectively with your students.
The Goal is to:
Create class folder sets to access and manage the workflow between you and your students.
Please bring your personal email information, or several KIS student names and email addresses for some of your students. This hand-on session will get you started.
Monday, September 1, 2014
Pages is a great word processor, but it makes sharing cross-platforms difficult. Google Docs, however, has more powerful features, and is much easier to share to others.
The Goal of this session is to improve communication, collaboration, and quality of feedback.
- Title document (Click Untitled Document in the top right corner)
- Sharing options (Share button > Invite people to doc or Change who has access)
- Page orientation, margins, page color (File > Page Setup)
- Titles and headings (Toolbar)
- Add a link (Insert > Link)
- More fonts... (Toolbar > More fonts...)
- Table of contents (Insert > Table of contents)
- Inserting a drawing (Insert > Drawing)
- Drag images into doc (Insert > Image)
- Equations (Insert > Equations > New equation > Greek letters, Misc operations, Relations, Math operations, or Arrows)
- Table (Table > Insert table > Choose number of boxes)
- Customizing the table (Right click > Table properties)
- Research (Tools > Research)
- Export (File > Download as)
- Revision history (File > See revision history > Restore this revision)
- Translate document (Tools > Translate document > Choose a language)
- Customize character or word preferences (Tools > Preferences)
- Suggested Editing (Pencil icon > Editing, Suggesting, or Viewing)
- Add-ons (Add-ons > Get add-ons)
What you can create with these features:
Goals: Create comments under C1 Reporting Term in GradeBook Learn how to create a Comment Bank in GradeBook Target Audience: This s...
Grading & Assessment: PowerSchool & Schoology (Enterprise) Participants All Middle and High School teachers This session is d...
This week, we are focusing on some quick tips to get your Mac running at it's best. The focus for the session includes speeding up your...
This session is a very brief remix of the Learning 2 Asia extended session " Understanding Parenting in a Time of Constant Connectio...
This year, my school purchased not one, not two, but five 3D printers. All of them, the same model, the XYZ DaVinci Duo printer . As a...
Creating Your Own Classroom Guide: RIP Textbooks I went to Jeff Utecht 's 'Nutshell' session on the final day of L2. As a ke...
This is week 2 of >_automatic and we are creating some interesting Automator workflows. Throughout the week we will continue to post som...
I am often asked how to get their iPad or iPhone to do something. Often when these devices are not playing nicely, there are some simple ...
Professional Development isn't meant to be boring. It needs to be relevant. Our session is about building PD at your school that mee...
To improve WiFi Connectivity for Educational devices at KIS, several changes were made in the summer. Only Educational devices will be...